Good for all phases
Easy to make
- 24 oz. lean ground beef
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbs. olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp. cumin, or to taste
- 1-1/2 tbsp. chili powder, or to taste
- 1 (28 oz.) can diced tomatoes
Step 1. Heat oil in a heavy bottomed soup pot, add freshly ground black pepper.
Step 2. Add bell pepper and sauté 5-7 minutes, stir in minced garlic.
Step 4. Place ground beef in pot with peppers , garlic . Brown thoroughly.
Step 5. Add diced tomatoes, water to cover all ingredients.
Step 6. Reduce heat, simmer 2 hours or more.