In Denial About Your Weight?
Okay, the mere suggestion that you are in denial about your weight may seem a bit ridiculous considering you occupy your body 24/7. Regardless, it appears there is a phenomenon occurring amongst a good number of overweight people, and it’s called body weight denial. Thanks to an ever-expanding market of spandex clothing options, comfy sweat pants, well-meaning friends offering white lies, and a lack of scales in bathrooms across America, there seems to be a severe discrepancy between truth and reality among overweight individuals today.
10 Signs you may be in denial about your body weight.
- You don’t regularly (or ever) weigh yourself.
- You don’t publically admit your actual body weight. (Ex. As reported on your driver’s license.)
- Your go-to pants are made with stretchy spandex material.
- You shop for clothing that masks your trouble spots or covers most of your body.
- You avoid wearing a bathing suit.
- You avoid taking photos, and if you do, you stand behind someone or something.
- You find there are a decreasing number of acceptable clothing options to wear in your closet.
- You enjoy second and possibly even third helpings of food while dining.
- You use work, stress, or busy schedules as an excuse for poor eating.
- You have never considered the possibility that your weight is having a negative effect on your health.
If any of the above statements sound like you, perhaps it’s time to make an appointment to speak with health and weight loss coaches at BodyTech Weight Loss and Health Clinic in Rockville, MD. Initial consults are FREE of charge, and we offer you a friendly, non-judgmental, no pressure environment to explore ways that you can improve your health, diet and body weight.
Come see us. You’ll be glad you did!