5 Tips for Maintaining a Successful Ideal Protein Diet Routine.
Sometimes it’s the little things that make all the difference between success and failure when it comes to dieting. The coaches at BodyTech Weight Loss and Health clinic in Rockville, Maryland have compiled five tips to help keep your Ideal Protein diet on track. Equipped with these common sense dieting strategies, you’ll be better able to achieve the long-term weight loss success you desire.
1. PLAN AHEAD OF TIME: Dieter “derails” are often due to a lack of proper preparation. Avoid this pitfall by planning your meals ahead of time. Sunday can be a great day to shop and prepare a complete set of Ideal Protein friendly food options for the week ahead. Preparing your foods in advance, in ready-made packages, is a good way to help control portions, ensure proper eating, and eliminate reasons to cheat when you are tight on time. Remember, preparation is key!
2. DON’T SKIP MEALS: To ensure success on your Ideal Protein diet, it’s important that you follow the program as prescribed. Skipping meals or going too long between meals is never okay. In fact, it can work against you. Believe it or not, you actually need to eat and eat properly to lose weight in a healthy and effective manner. If you find yourself often on the go or one not to prepare meals in a pinch, try keeping a store of Ideal Protein foods, such as ready-made shakes, on hand at home, in the car and work. Such a supply can help keep you fueled for weight loss success!
3. COOK FOR YOURSELF: Sure dining out is easy and convenient, but when it comes to dieting, it isn’t ideal. Most restaurants are notorious for excessive meal portions, and accurate ingredient and calorie counting can be impossible when you aren’t preparing your meal. Studies have shown, that even with the best of intentions, special order dinners typically amounts to an average of 300-800 more calories than expected. It’s easier to maintain your diet when you are in charge of the preparation of your food and it’s also cheaper than dining out.
4. MAKE TIME TO DINE: Rushing a meal is a sure fire way to over eat. When its time to dine, slow down and give yourself at least 20-30 minutes to relax and enjoy a meal or snack. Hurried or mindless eating usually leads to overindulging and can leave you feeling less than satisfied. Tune into your body and learn what 80% full feels like, so you can stop eating before you are stuffed. If you find yourself desiring a second helping of food, try waiting 15 minutes before going back for seconds. Simply by waiting, you give your body time to signal your brain that you are actually full and satisfied and can better prevent unnecessary overeating.
5. DRINK PLENTY OF WATER: Proper hydration is an essential part of good health practices and a successful Ideal Protein diet. Science tells us that the average adult body is made up of 60-65% water, so it stands to reason that H2O should be a large part of our daily diet. Further science has shown that it is easy to confuse signs of thirst for signs of hunger. This confusion can often lead you to reach for food when instead you should actually be reaching for a tall glass of water. Drinking plenty of water before, during and after meals and snacks is one of the easiest secrets to diet success. By keeping your pantry, car and office stocked with cool, refreshing, you’ll be well on your way to diet success!
Learn more tips and tricks for dieting success by attending a FREE introductory seminar at BodyTech Weight Loss and Health clinic in Rockville & Bethesda, Maryland. Click here to sign up now!