Seared Tuna Steaks
Good for Phases 1 – 4
Easy to prepare
- 1/4 c. soy sauce
- 4 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 1-inch-thick tuna steaks
Step 1. Mix soy sauce, olive oil, lemon juice, cayenne pepper, and garlic together in a bowl.
Step 2. Place tuna steaks in a large resealable bag or airtight container; pour marinade over steaks. Marinate steaks at room temperature for 20 minutes.
Step 3. Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat. Remove steaks from marinade and arrange in the hot pan; gently shake pan to avoid sticking. Sear approximately 1 1/2 minutes and flip. Cook other side until tuna to your liking, 1 to 2 more minutes.
1. Serve with cauliflower rice and cucumber salad.
2. Roll in seaweed paper by layering cauliflower rice, tuna and cucumbers (cut into sticks).